Monday, April 11, 2011

Opening Day-The Story of Jackie Robinson's First Season

The book I chose was Opening Day-The Story of Jackie Robinson's First Season by Jonathan Eig.  I chose this book because I absolutely hate racism and Jackie Robinson broke the race barrier in baseball. I don't really like reading books at all but I really like the idea of this book. This book seems to tell a great story about one of the greatest moments in sports history. Jackie Robinson during his time made everything seem possible. Jackie Robinson changed the face of America with not only sports but with the entire race. Jackie Robinson was the first African American to play organized major league baseball. He went 0-4 but lead in the winning run. I chose this book because I believe it will be a good book and a good read. The main reason I chose this book was mainly because I hate racism.

No comments:

Post a Comment