Monday, May 2, 2011

Jackie Robinson-Opening Season-4

The best supporting character in this book would have to be Pee Wee Reese. He was Jackie Robinson's greatest ally on the Brooklyn Dodgers. Pee Wee Reese was a ten time all star, who helped contribute to many League titles. His greatest accomplishment was not being inducted into the Hall of Fame but was his support and respect for Jackie Robinson in his first couple of seasons. Reese did not believe in racial prejudice due to his early childhood where his father showed him a tree where a lynching occurred. I would take Pee Wee Reese out to the Precinct downtown. I would let him choose anything off the expensive menu. His support for Jackie Robinson is the reason why Jackie Robinson could be so productive. I would definitely order a big steak or prime rib and I’m sure Pee Wee would eat the same thing. I would take him out later at night so we could have a couple of drinks. I would love to get to know him as a person and everything that happened back then and why he believed racial segregation was bad and why he believed it was his duty to take Jackie under his wing. The Precinct would be our destination because I believe Pee Wee Reese deserves more recognition then what he gets. It is disappointing that he doesn’t. This is why I would take him out and he is worth my time and effort because of what he did with Jackie Robinson and how he took him under his wing. He did not look at him different because he was black but looked at him as a teammate and a brother.

No comments:

Post a Comment